Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mehndi (Day 28 - Project 366)

So today, someone said I looked like a dancer.. and even though I am not really good at it, I love it when people say so =) That was one happy moment that was not capturable.. other than dancing freestyle, and also finally tasting Samosa Toast Sandwich at the toast place I talked about a few days back. The Sevpuri Toast is much much better than the Samosa Toast.

After I came home, one of our neighbours wanted me to draw a mehndi on her palm as she had a wedding to attend tomorrow. I had never drawn a mehndi before but there was no one else who could even attempt to do it.

I don't know why but I thought of drawing a peacock. I googled for some designs, but finally, after drawing the outline, I let myself loose with the designs inside the outline. I didn't know how to hold the cone properly, my fingers were aching half way into the mehndi and I had to keep inserting a pin through the hole of the cone for the mehndi to flow out easily. Couldn't keep my hand steady as I was too scared I would mess it all up.

Thankfully, the result didn't turn out as messy as I thought it would:



 I am pretty proud of my work.. what do you think? ;)

No comments: