Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year all of you !!! :)

I am always happy when a new year begins but frankly 2012 is giving me the creeps. Usually, I live as if there are a lot of years ahead of me but knowing that it's year 2012 and that it might be the end of the world has me kind-of stuck. I am not able to imagine a 2013, get me?

Anyway, I have decided to start everything anew. I want to put a lot of things behind me and start focusing more on myself. My blog has a new look (how do y'all like it?) and I am planning to do a lot of new & interesting things here! For one, I like the idea of posting a photo everyday for a whole year- most people have already done that before. I'm planning to do something similar but it won't be a photo clicked by a professional camera or anything. I am just going to click a picture of something that makes me happy in the day and post it here. It can be clicked by my digital camera or from my phone or from any other camera that I have at that time. I might write something about it or I might not. Then again, I also might write a blog post that isn't related to the photo at all. The idea is, at the end of 2012, I want to see my life in pictures..and capture all the happy moments!! Not sure what to call it yet. #photo365 has already been taken.. and so has #project365. I guess I'll still call it #project365. It is more appropriate.

Edited at 1:02 a.m.: calling it #project366. One of my readers reminded me it's a leap year!! :)

I am just experimenting at the moment. I don't want it to be like a task but at the same time, I want to be able to get something worth capturing everyday and have the time to post it. Let's see how it works out. It sure is exciting!

I want to start dancing again- for the fun that dancing is, and for getting back in shape! :)

I want to travel more this year, and that too out of the country. It is a little difficult but I'm going to give it my best shot..

I want to read more books, watch more plays.

I want to have fun!! :)

What are your plans for this year?

8 comments:

Sanjita said...

Love the new look of ur blog! Very refreshing.. & Thats a great idea! Well.. may I remind you that this is a leap year so you'll have an extra picture to be taken.. :) So it'd be #project366, a prospective unique collection.. :) All the very best! Looking forward to it! :)

Anubha said...

@Sanjita
Thank you so much Sanjita :) And thanks for pointing it out, I'll correct it right away. I too am excited about this.. let's see how it goes! :)

Chinmay (@chin80) said...

Great initiative and such a nice way to begin 2012. I think this would go a long way! And imagine the memories of 2012, in 2013, if we all survive :) All the best, Anubha!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Happy New Year.. I was thinking of taking up Project #365 too.. but then thought it through and narrowed it down to PostaWeek like last year :)
New theme is awesome.. Why don't you move to Wordpress? There is lot more to a blogging platform than just freedom of themes :) But I keep telling this to all non-WP bloggers ;) so don't mind it much :)
Best of luck. Give me a shout if you are out of ideas on any day. I promise I will come up with at least one crazy photo idea for the day.
Cheers,
Sudarshan

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Happy New Year.. I was thinking of taking up Project #365 too.. but then thought it through and narrowed it down to PostaWeek like last year :)
New theme is awesome.. Why don't you move to Wordpress? There is lot more to a blogging platform than just freedom of themes :) But I keep telling this to all non-WP bloggers ;) so don't mind it much :)
Best of luck. Give me a shout if you are out of ideas on any day. I promise I will come up with at least one crazy photo idea for the day.
Cheers,
Sudarshan

Anubha said...

@Chinmay
Hey chinmay, guess you're here for the first time. Welcome to my space!!! :)

Thanks a lot. I am trying my best to stay hopeful that we'll be alive but people are scaring me!

Happy new year to you, and do keep visiting :)

@Sudarshan
Wish you the same :) You're doing PostaWeek? I need to check. I don't think I have visited your blog yet.

Why are people SO INTO Wordpress? It's like the latest thing to do. Wordpress may be great, but Blogger is beautiful :) Plus, if I ever decide to shift it to a domain, I don't have to pay a single penny with Blogger unlike with Wordpress :) But yes, there IS a chance of losing my blog altogether (as Google can always disable your account) and it's very scary. I need to think of a Blog Backup mechanism lest that happens, but I hope & pray it doesn't.

Thanks .. and it's not really about ideas. I am just posting pictures of what something that makes me happy throughout the day. So the idea is to not think of something but let it happen. I'll still write to you if nothing good happens throughout the day :) Thank you :)

Harsh said...

Wow Great :D :D .. All the best for the project 366 and have a very happy and "colorful" 2012 :D ;)

Anonymous said...

wordpress isnt the latest thing!! :) its quite old and who said anything paying money in wordpress???
anyway..so how have you been? long time no see. I take a mini blog break and u go on a project 366!! I cant read so many posts!